Big Picture Responsibilities:
- Experienced in providing exceptional customer service.
- Develops and maintains a culture that values excellent customer service through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Recruits, develops, motivates, recognizes and holds accountable an Auto Service team that will meet established objectives and targets for sales and profitability.
- Reviews and implements policies and procedures that improve the Customer Experience through high quality repairs and building customer relationships.
- Develops and implements a longer-term strategy and action plan to attract and retain customers.
- Coaches team members to provide excellent customer service.
- Improves sales and profitability for the Service Centre.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- High level negotiation resolution.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety and all other workplace regulations and policies.
- Monitors the operating budget by tracking sales and expenses.
- Promotes service safety and security procedures.
- Work in strict compliance with the Laws of the Province of Ontario and Canada.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Uphold all rules and procedures – support enforcement, including disciplinary action as necessary.
- Provide customers with shuttle service to and from the shop.
- Answer phones when necessary.
- Manage and/or create customer retention initiatives
- Discuss cost estimates and approximate time when vehicle will be ready with customer.
- Schedule appointments.
- Prepare repair orders by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required.
- Advise customers on the care of their cars and any questions they might have regarding maintenance.
- Handle minor customer complaints and misunderstandings.
- 12 Grade Diploma or GED
- Experience in the automotive service industry recommended
- Management experience and/or customer service experience recommended
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer & leadership skills.
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence.
- Strong work ethic, with an ability to pay attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.