Auto Repair in St. Catharines, ON
Have your vehicle’s air conditioning stopped working or are you having drive-ability issues? Sooner or later, we all need to bring our car in for repairs and/or preventative maintenance. Whatever your needs are, you can bring your vehicle to Boyd Automotive & Tire in St. Catharines. Our award-winning local technicians are committed to customer satisfaction and are highly trained in all aspects of auto repair, including dry rot repair, scheduled maintenance, no-start diagnostics/drivability diagnostics, and mechanical and suspension repairs.
Why should I bring my car in for regular auto repair?
Getting auto repairs whenever your vehicle needs it and getting the factory recommended services by each manufacturer is important for:
- Your safety: Your vehicle should always meet the safety standards of your manufacturer as well as follow Ontario Province policies. Waiting for a small issue with your vehicle to get worse before bringing your car in for auto repairs will compromise the safety of you and your passengers. A broken headlight, for example, not only jeopardizes your safety, but you are also at the risk of getting pulled over for not having your vehicle up to standard.
- The environment: When there is a problem with the fuel efficiency of your vehicle, such as issues with your engine, your fuel cap, or even your tires, this can affect your car's mileage, which in turn increases your carbon footprint and environmental impact. To keep your car running efficiently, it is imperative to bring your car in for auto repairs whenever needed.
- Your wallet: To keep your auto repairs as cost-effective as possible, it is important to nip problems in the bud before they get worse. Most issues that start small, such as a small dent, can turn into a bigger problem (in this case, rust will form on the exterior of your car which means a bigger repair). If you live in St. Catharines, Fonthill, or nearby, bringing your vehicle to Boyd Automotive & Tire in for an auto repair as soon as a problem arises will ultimately save you money in the long run.
What are the most common auto repairs car owners face?
While our specialities lie in oil changes, fluid services and tune-ups and transmission repair, we at Boyd Automotive & Tire have extensive knowledge on all auto repair services. Whether you drive an SUV from Toyota, a van by Honda, a vintage auto from Ford, a SMG, or a Hyundai, all vehicles have a common anatomy and need the same parts fixed every once in a while.
This is called preventative maintenance, which will save you troubles down the road. Some of the most common auto repairs car owners face are:
- Oil Change: You should be changing your vehicle's oil approximately every 7,500 Km. Changing your oil regularly keeps your engine components cool, keeping your vehicle fuel efficient, and ensures the mechanisms under the hood continue to function properly. Getting your oil changed at Boyd Automotive & Tire is a quick and easy process
- Air Filter Replacement: Your air filter is responsible for cleaning outside air before it enters your engine and mixes with fuel, which keeps your vehicle running. Over time, debris, dust, and dirt can clog up your air filter, letting in less air which can compromise your engine's combustion rate. We recommend getting your air filters replaced every 15,000 to 30,000 Km.
- Tire Replacement: The frequency that you should replace your tires depends on the conditions in which you drive, how much you drive, your driving speed, and more. Getting new tires from Boyd Automotive & Tire in St. Catharines every 25,000 to 50,000 Km will prevent worn driving and keep you and your fellow drivers safe when on the road.
- Brake Replacement: Your brakes are the most important things that keep you safe while driving. We roughly estimate changing your brakes every 50,000 Km, although the frequency depends on a variety of factors.
- Wheel Alignment: To get the most out of your tires, it is important that they are balanced the way the manufacturer intended. It's recommended to get your wheels balanced every 3,000 to 6,000 Km to prevent drifting and causing unsafe driving conditions.
If you are in the L2S 0B3 area or nearby, you can bring your car to Boyd Automotive & Tire and we will take care of all your auto repair needs.
Your expertly trained and ASE certified Shop for Auto Repair
Whether you are having an issue with a mechanical or electric component of your car, Boyd Automotive & Tire in St. Catharines can take care of your vehicle, bumper to bumper. Founded in 2002 and owned by Stu Boyd, we offer services in auto repair, preventative maintenance inspections, on-site repairs, and more.
Here are some reasons you should choose us as your award-winning local auto repair shop:
- Locally owned and operated since 2002
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Shuttle on all services, loaner on major service
If you are in St. Catharines, Fonthill, Jordan, Lincoln, Niagara Falls or surrounding areas, Boyd Automotive & Tire is your place to go for all things auto repair. Boyd Automotive & Tire - "Serving the St. Catherines since 2002". You can schedule an appointment online or give us a call at 905-685-5821.