Drive Train Service in St. Catharines, ON
A drive train is the mechanism through which the power from your vehicle's engine reaches the wheels. Drive trains work differently depending on their orientation. Most car makes, including Toyota, Honda, Ford, and Hyundai, either have rear-wheel or front-wheel drive trains. In a rear-wheel drive train, the engine's power is delivered to the car's back wheels, and is the most common orientation used on cars and trucks alike. This arrangement is good for delivering weight equally amongst all the vehicle's tires, which makes steering and handling easier. A front-wheel drive train, torque from the engine is supplied to the vehicle's front wheels.
The parts of a drive train include:
- The driveshaft, a long tube of steel that is linked to a car's transmission on one end and the wheels at the other. It transfers the mechanical power of the transmission to other parts of the vehicle.
- The U-joint, a flexible pivot point that gives power to the driveshaft.
- CV joints, that are part of the driveshaft and can bend in any direction while turning the drive wheels at a constant velocity.
- The differential, where the power makes its last stop before spinning the wheels.
- The axle shaft, which delivers power from the final drive assembly to the drive wheels.
Some signs that your vehicle may need a drive train repair include:
- Vibrations while driving.
Driveshafts are made to prevent vibrations, so if you feel any vibrations while you're driving, your vehicle probably needs a drive train service.
- Clunking, scraping, or rattling sounds.
If you hear strange noises, there is likely an issue with your vehicle's U-joint and indicates a rotation problem.
- Your transmission fluid starts leaking.
If you do not address the issues with your drive train right away, your vehicle's transmission will pay the price and you will probably notice leaking of transmission fluid.
The longer you wait to get a drive train service, the more damage will be done to your vehicle. If you are in Ontario Province, don't wait to bring your car to Boyd Automotive & Tire in St. Catharines. Our expertly trained and ASE certified technicians can take care of your vehicle. In addition to drive train service, we also specialize in scheduled maintenance, and transmission repair.
Drive Train Service Shop Serving St. Catharines and Beyond
We at Boyd Automotive & Tire have been serving communities in St. Catharines, Fonthill, Jordan, Lincoln, Niagara Falls, and surrounding areas since 2002 and specialize in tune-ups, oil changes, fluid services and tune-ups and so much more. Our owner Stu Boyd guarantees customer satisfaction.
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Locally owned and operated since 2002
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Shuttle on all services, loaner on major service, free towing (limited)
- Alternative payment options (see our financing page)
- Our diverse team is sure to have an expert in the make and model of your vehicle
We have a review score of 5 based on reviews from 5 satisfied customers.
If you are in St. Catharines, ON, L2S 0B3 or surrounding areas, feel free to give us a call at 905-685-5821 or schedule an appointment online with us today!