Buick Repair in St. Catharines, ON
A Brief History of Buick
It is not uncommon to see Buicks on the streets of St. Catharines, Fonthill, Jordan, Lincoln, Niagara Falls, and beyond. Buick is one of the oldest car brands in the world and the oldest brand in the United States. The two first Buick vehicles were made in 1899 and 1900 at the "Buick Auto-Vim and Power Company" by chief engineer Walter Marr. However, company owner David Buick was reluctant to make vehicles, so Marr left Buick in 1901 to start his own company. In 1903, Buick released its third vehicle thanks to Marr's replacement, Eugene Richard, but in 1904, Buick moved Buick Motor Group moved from Detroit to Flint, Michigan, and Richard did not go with him. Marr was rehired in Flint and that year, 37 Buicks were made, and production increased to 750 in 1905, 1,400 in 1906, 4,641 in 1907, and 8,800 in 1908.
In 1911, Buick introduced its full-body car, which was built in the Flint factory (the city began to be referred to as "Buick City"). Buicks were also the first car make to introduce turn signals. In the 1910s and 1920s, Buick was largely popular in China, particularly for use by high level politicians and the Emperor. In the 1930s, Buicks became popular with British monarch Edward VIII and became the luxurious brand in Canada. Buicks are always present for royal transport, including for King George VI and Queen Elizabeth during the 1939 royal tour of Canada.
In 1955, Buick had a record 738,814 vehicles sold, a record that would hold until 1977. 1959 saw the introduction of three new models: Electra, Invicta and the LeSabre. An Electra also participated in the Indianapolis 500 race that year. The Buick Special was named Motor Trend's Car of the Year in 1962. The 1970s saw a series of new models released, including the Estate Wagon in 1970, Centurion in 1971, Apollo in 1973, and Skyhawk in 1975. In 1983, Buick had its best model year to date with 810,435 vehicles sold. The Buick was the official car in the 1984 Summer Olympics. That year, Buick sold over one million vehicles. With all its value at an affordable price, it's no wonder so many St. Catharines residents choose to drive a Buick.
At Boyd Automotive & Tire, we have serviced plenty of Buicks. Our common services include oil changes, fluid services and tune-ups, and transmission repair. No matter which Buick you drive, our award-winning local technicians can fix it right up for you.
Some of Buick's most popular models today include:
- Buick Regal GS: This car defines "cool," on the inside and out. The Grand Sport (GS) has comfortable plush interiors, aggressive styling and GS emblems all around, this car speaks for itself. The Buick Regal GS is also known for its energetic acceleration, reasonable base price and top crash test scores.
- Buick Regal Sportback: This hatchback offers a diverse drive range, a decent suspension, and a reasonably smooth ride. If your Regal Sportback ever needs brake repair, transmission repair or anything else, don't hesitate to bring it to Boyd Automotive & Tire in Ontario Province.
- Buick Envision: This compact SUV offers smooth suspension, great handling, and an above average fuel economy. Buick Envision owners love the many features the vehicle includes, its manageable size and its quiet cabin.
- Buick Encore: This car comes equipped with supreme handling, a great reliability rating and a buttery smooth ride. The inside is very luxurious and comfortable, and the Buick Encore has a hushed cabin at highway speeds and has generous tech and safety features. We at Boyd Automotive & Tire have been repairing Buicks since 2002, and have serviced plenty of Buick Encores. Whether you need a transmission repair, oil changes, fluid services and tune-ups, or something else, we are here to help.
- Buick Enclave: The three-row midsize SUV is a good performer with a joyful ride with plenty of family-friendly tech features. There is more than sufficient in-car storage and huge trunk space, more than most of the midsize SUVs in the industry. The Enclave also has plenty of room for its passengers in all three rows, and has a quiet and smooth ride quality.
Your award-winning local Shop for Buick Repair
When your Buick needs repairs, you can bring your car to Boyd Automotive & Tire in St. Catharines. Our owner Stu Boyd makes sure that our expertly trained and ASE certified mechanics receive ongoing training in automotive technology and auto repair services, and will offer you dealer quality knowledge and experience without dealership pricing.
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Locally owned and operated since 2002
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Shuttle on all services, loaner on major service
- Alternative payment options (see our financing page)
- Our diverse team is sure to have an expert in the make and model of your vehicle
At Boyd Automotive & Tire, your car will go through an inspection and safety check, and all needed repairs will be thoroughly explained for your approval. We will never recommend repairs that aren't absolutely necessary. So why not give us a try? If you are in St. Catharines, ON, L2S 0B3 or surrounding areas, schedule an appointment at Boyd Automotive & Tire today! You can schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call at 905-685-5821.